Zircon 61980 StudSensor Pro LCD Edge Stud Finder with Easy-to-Read LCD Screen and Spotlight Pointing System (61981)
• Find the edges of wood or metal studs or joists up to 1 1/2 in. (38 mm) deep
• WireWarning alert indicates the presence of hot electrical wiring
• Includes Zircon instructional "How-to Guide" Z-Card and detailed instructions.
• Sensing depth & accuracy can vary due to moisture, materials, wall text., paint.
• Not recommended for use on lath and plaster
StudSensor Pro LCD quickly and easily locates the edges of wood and metal studs and joists behind walls, floors, and ceilings. Its easy-to-read display screen indicates stud edge, the patented SpotLite Pointing System shines a beam of light on the wall to identify the target, and Wire Warning detection indicates the presence of live AC-Voltage. FEATURES: Stud Scan mode locates the edges of wood or metal studs up to 3/4-Inch (19 mm) deep - DeepScan mode doubles the scanning depth to 1-1/2-Inch (38 mm) - Easy-to-read LCD display indicates when a stud edge is approached - Patented SpotLite Pointing System and audio tone signals when the stud edge is reached - Wire Warning detection indicates the presence of live, unshielded electrical wiring up to 2-Inch (51 mm) deep - Should scanning begin over a stud, Zircon's patented "over-the-stud" indicator alerts the user to start the scan in a new location - Patented TruCal technology calibrates to any wall's density and the TruCal icon indicates when the tool is ready and calibrated.