Simpson Strong Tie SDWC15600KT 6" Truss Screw Kit - 50 per Package (Clear Zinc with Orange Topcoat)
• 0.152" Diameter x 6" Length with 5-3/4" Thread Length
• Clear Zinc Coating with Orange Topcoat color for easy inspection of 6" screws
• 6-Lobe Drive reduces cam out, enabling easier driving
• Type-17 point for faster starts and easier driving
• Fully-threaded shank engages the entire length of the fastener, providing a secure connection
The Strong-Drive SDWC TRUSS screw provides a stud-to-bottom plate or stud-to-top plate connection as well as a method to fasten trusses and rafters to top plates. The fully-threaded shank engages the entire length of the fastener providing a secure connection. The SDWC is tested in accordance with ICC-ES AC233 (screw) and AC13 (wall assembly and roof-towall assembly) for uplift and lateral loads between wall plates and vertical wall framing and between the top plate and the roof rafters or trusses. Orange color for easy inspection of 6" screws. Wide tolerance on installation angle makes it easy to install the SDWC correctly. Can be installed from inside the structure, eliminating exterior work on the upper stories and enhancing job safety. Fastening can be performed before or after exterior sheathing is applied for added flexibility. Metal installation guide tool (included) to help ensure proper installation.Matched-tolerance driver bit (included) engages fastener head securely to allow one-handed driving (replacement bit part no. BIT30T-R1). SDWC15600-KT contains: (50) Strong-Drive SDWC screws, (1) Matched-tolerance driver bit (Part no. BIT30T-RT1), (1) Metal installation guide tool - SDWC-GUIDE for SDWC15600 only.