Irwin 10232 Unibit #2 High Speed Steel Step Drill Bit 3/16" to 1/2" (6 Steps - 1/16" increments)
• Single-flute cutting edge for greater control through steps
• Hex shank prevents slipping in drill chuck
• New SpeedPoint tip penetrates faster than previous Unibits and prevents walking
• Ideal for drilling holes into thin materials like stainless steel, copper, brass, aluminum, plastic
• Self Starting - 3/8" Maximum Material Thickness
The #2 UniBit Step Drill has 6 holes from 3/16" to 1/2" hole sizes with increments of 1/16"; shank size is 1/4". Each UniBit step drill has an easy-to-sharpen, non-skid tip which eliminates skidding and the need for center punching; the tip gives sure starts even on curved surfaces. The single-fluted cutting edge that you will find on the UniBit step drills helps assure true round holes and allows greater control. They are constructed of industrial grade high speed steel and heat treated to assure maximum durability. The UniBit step drill has 1/4" Hex shanks, which prevents slipping in drill chuck. The multiple steps on each UniBit eliminates the need to maintain a toolbox full of specific size drill bits.