Metabo HPT DH38YE2M 1-1/2" Spline Shank Rotary Hammer 2-Mode, Hammer Drill and Hammer only - 8.4 Amp
• Powerful motor - The 8.4 Amp, 950 Watt motor provides 5.9 ft-lbs of impact energy
• Dust proof cover improves tool life by protecting internal components
• 2-modes of operation - greater versatility providing the option of hammer drilling or hammer only
• Safety clutch for improved user protection in bound bit situations
• Auto-stop carbon brushes for added motor durability are externally accessible for easy changes
Hitachi's DH38YE2M spline shank rotary hammer is the next generation in Hitachi hammer technology. Compared to its predecessor the DH38YE, the DH38YE2's power is packed into a more ergonomic body that is 2.9 lbs lighter, delivers less vibration and a lower noise level. A simple turn of the knob changes the mode from hammer drilling to hammer only, allowing the DH38YE2 to take on a variety of tasks including; drilling holes in concrete for anchors or rebar, demolishing and chiseling concrete, cutting, digging, tamping or driving ground rods. The 8.4 Amp, 950 Watt motor produces 5.9 ft-lbs of impact energy and delivers fast drilling and chiseling. A dust-proof cover, sealed grease system and auto-stop brushes ensure high motor durability and minimal maintenance. A 360 degree side handle provides additional control, while the safety clutch shuts down rotation in the event of a bound bit. The DH38YE2 also includes a large injection molded carrying case with ample room for storage of bits, a side handle and other accessories.